Saturday, October 16, 2021

1964 Chevy Pick-Up Truck


In 2000. I bought a 1964 Chevy pick-up truck from a used car lot nearby.  The cost was only $500.  I have since heard that, “If a bargain seems too good to be true, it probably is.”  And that was true of this truck.  The tires were thin, but I could buy new tires, which cost almost as much as the truck itself.  When I went to turn on the wipers, the knob fell off.  I could buy a knob at a junk yard.  So, I did.  A week later, when I put the knob onto the switch, the wipers still didn’t work.  So, I looked under the hood.  I discovered that there was no windshield wiper motor.  It just wasn’t there.  The clever salesman had taken the set screw out of the knob so that the knob would fall off and not reveal the missing motor.  Solomon said in Proverbs10:4, “He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.”  If I had been diligent and looked at the truck with a critical eye, I would have noticed its shortcomings.  But I just wanted to buy that truck.  I didn’t do my due diligence; I was careless.  And that truck purchase became another semester for me in the University of Hard Knocks.  Have you ever been enrolled in that school?

No comments:

Post a Comment