Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Valley Fog


Fall is here, and our weather has changed.  With days getting shorter and nights getting longer, cooler weather is upon us.  And I, for one, am glad.  I like the cold weather.  So, Sunday morning Kathy and I woke up to a beautiful sunrise.  We got dressed and left for church.  As I topped the hill getting onto I-75 heading north, I saw a beautiful sight.  The tops of the hills were in the bright sunlight, but the valleys were shrouded in low-lying fog.  We drove from sunlight down into fog as thick as pea soup.  Even with my headlights on, the darkness was heavy around us.  But just a minute later, we drove up the other side of the valley and into the sunlight once again.  What a beautiful picture of our spiritual life!  Even during difficult times, when cares are pressing me down, God’s sunlight is still there - I just can’t see it.  I am down in the valley of darkness and despair.  But wait, darkness and despair won’t last forever.  On the other side of the dark valley, God’s sunlight will burst through!  David knew nights of despair, and David knew days of victory.  He praised God in Psalm 48:14, “For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.”  Hey, when you are in a dark valley, take heart!  God will bring you through to the other side … God will bring you through your valley and into the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment