Saturday, October 30, 2021

The Best

 

Last week I had a birthday.  My two children who live here in town invited me and my wife out to supper at P.F.Chang’s restaurant.  It is a little pricy, but great food, and since they were treating us, it was really good.  After the meal, my daughter brought out a beautiful birthday cake for all of us to enjoy.  She asked me, “What size piece do you want?”  I thought to myself, “I am embarrassed to tell her how much I really want.”  So, I said, “Just cut me a little piece.”  But Beth knew me.  She not only cut me a larger piece than I would have asked for, but she also gave me the corner piece that had icing on TWO sides!  Cha-Ching!  Hey, if I come to the Lord with my prayer requests, He will answer (if they are according to His perfect will).  But if I pray open-ended to the dear Lord, and simply say, “Your will be done,” He will give me much more than I would have asked for, because God knows what I need better than I know what I need myself!  David said in Psalm 84:11, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”  If I pray to God for a need, He will answer.  But if I pray to God saying, “Not my will, but thine be done (Luke 22:42),” He will give me much more than I could imagine.  God will give me the very best because He loves me!  And God loves you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment