Sunday, October 24, 2021

Dinner


My brother-in-law and sister-in-law took us out last Friday for my birthday dinner (thank you Harry and Nickie).  Harry insisted that it was his treat.  We sat down, the waitress gave us each a menu, and we selected what we wanted.  I never asked Harry if he had enough money to pay for my meal; I just trusted him.  After all, it was his idea.  I never worried that I had picked an entree that was too expensive.  Harry urged me, “Get whatever you want.”  I didn’t ask him if he had paid his credit card bill or if he had sufficient balance to cover the tab.  If he had asked us out and told us that he was going to pay for our meal, I just took him at his word.  Hey, why should I doubt that Jesus has saved my soul?  Why should I worry that Jesus could get me safely to heaven?  After all, if Jesus could make the universe in six days, doesn’t He have the ability to save little old me?  Can’t I just take Jesus at His word and trust Him?  The writer of the book of Hebrews said in Hebrews 6:18 & 19, “That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast …”  Hey, God cannot lie!  God has promised to accept me, and to keep me, if I will but trust in Him.  So tonight, when I go to sleep, I can rest in the dear Lord’s ability and in His promise.  I am safe and secure.  And you can be too.  Don’t worry or fret.  Trust in the Almighty Creator to hold you fast.  He can, and He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment