Monday, October 25, 2021

The Guard at the Gate


Saturday, I went to the funeral service of a dear friend, Mrs. Betty Fisher.  The service was bittersweet as we remembered the life of this dear saint of God.  A Christian funeral is different that that of a non-Christian because Christians see death very differently.  Most people see death as the end of life.  But a Christian knows that death is but a door that opens into eternity.  But when you pass into eternity and come to that door, there is a gatekeeper, just like a guard and a military facility.  You must have proper identification to gain access.  And when the gatekeeper (whether it’s an angel or St. Peter) asks, “Why should I let you into God’s heaven?” you have but one answer: “I have trusted in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and He told me that I could enter in.”  And the gatekeeper will say, “Good answer!  Welcome home!”  Jesus said in John 14:6, “… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”  Trust Jesus as your Savior, and you will be welcomed into God’s eternal joys.  Neglect Jesus, and you will not have the credentials to enter into God’s heaven.  Hey, the choice is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment