Sunday, October 17, 2021

But ...


One of my favorite devices on the playground was the seesaw.  It wasn’t complicated; it just went up and down.  But the variations were endless.  When I was seesawing on the downstroke, I could keep my feet out, let the seesaw bump on the ground, and the other kid would fly up off his seat because my side had hit the ground.  Or I could keep my side down, sitting on the ground, and “sun” the other kid.  He couldn’t do anything (except sit in the sun) but wait on me until I was ready to seesaw again.  Justice came when a larger kid got on the other side of the seesaw.  Then it was MY turn to suffer.  Hey, the key to the seesaw was the pivot point.  That fulcrum made the whole device work.  The entire seesaw turned on that single point.  Psalm 73 has a pivot point too.  In the first 16 verses, David fusses and fumes about how the wicked prosper and get away with their wickedness.  It isn’t fair.  They should suffer, but they don’t.  Wicked people steal the stuff that I have worked hard for!  Wicked people lie at work and get promoted ahead of me!  Wicked people cheat and get ahead, and no one catches them!  But then there is verse 17.  “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.”  The wicked may get away with wickedness in this life, but there will be a day of reckoning.  Someday, the Righteous Judge of the Universe will bring every evil deed into the light of His truth.  So, Psalm 73:17 is the pivot point.  This verse is the seesaw point in the chapter.  Remember, wicked people prosper in this world’s system, UNTIL they pass into eternity.  Then the truth will come out and they will face their sins.  Don’t despair; God is keeping the score.  And someday, there will be justice.  Hey, get on the right side while there is opportunity.  Someday it will be too late.  Don’t be left “Sunning” on the light side of God’s seesaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment