Thursday, October 28, 2021

Spilling ...


Monday I was leaving the house and picked up my coffee cup on the kitchen counter to take with me.  I just couldn’t bear to leave a good cup of coffee sitting there to grow cold.  I was in a hurry because my wife was in the car waiting.  And as I closed the back door, I bumped my elbow spilling coffee on my hand, which caused me to recoil dumping the rest of the coffee.  What a mess (fortunately, it was on the outside deck).  It wasn’t that hot, the warm coffee just startled me.  Hey, when I bumped my coffee cup, I didn’t get orange juice all over my hand.  And when I spilled the coffee cup, I didn’t get Coca Cola on my clothes.  Whatever I had IN the cup came OUT of the cup.  I had coffee in the cup, so coffee came out of the cup.  Jesus said in Luke 6:45, “A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.”  If I have evil thoughts in my heart, when someone cuts me off in traffic, I may shout at them.  But if the kindness of the dear Lord in my heart and someone cuts me off, I will smile and wave apologetically at them.  I am glad that I was not involved in an accident.  And I have noticed that what I put into my heart (Bible reading and prayer) is what I get out of my heart.  Hey, if you want to be a kinder gentler person, put better things into your heart.  Get up a little earlier and read a few verses in the Bible.  Read some encouraging posts on facebook (Ha, ha!).  Then, the next time that you are bumped, kindness will spill out.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment