Sunday, October 3, 2021

Scam

I scam my wife.  She has a favorite nightgown that is 100% cotton.  She calls it “My Favorite Nightgown”.  Not a very original name.  But it has to be washed, so she can only wear it every other night.  So, I have started calling another nightgown (brushed polyester) “Her Super-Soft Nightgown”.  And she has fallen for my scam.  But before you feel sorry for her, she scams me too.  She says to me, “Honey, if you scratch my back, I’ll give you $100.”  I scratch her back, but she hasn’t paid up yet.  That’s because she is scamming me.  Hey, do you scam the dear Lord?  Do you make promises that you don’t keep?  Do you tell Him things that you don’t mean?  Hey, do you realize that the Lord knows your heart?  You really can’t fool Him - He knows everything!  Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 5:4, “When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed.”  Don’t try to scam God.  Follow through with what you have promised Him that you will do.  First, you can’t lie to God.  It just won’t work.  And second, if you try, you are a fool.  I didn’t say that; Solomon did.  And he was the wisest man to have ever lived.  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment