Thursday, October 14, 2021

Splashing


I know this may be hard for you to imagine, but when I was young, I was mischievous.  I was constantly getting into trouble, at school, at church, and at home.  So, this morning, I got out of my car at Jack’s and promptly stepped in a puddle.  And the puddle reminded me of my mischievousness.  When I was about ten years old, walking with a friend, and came to a puddle, I would stomp right in it … but with only one foot so that the other foot wouldn’t get wet.  The water would splash out from the “splashing foot”, but my other leg was bent at the knee with my foot up behind me, so I didn’t get wet at all, just my friend.  But by then, he was a former friend.  When we would go out early in the summer mornings, the dew would be on the trees.  I would speed up a couple of steps ahead of my brother and shake a sapling.  I would dart ahead, and the dew drops would shower my brother.  Great fun … for me.  Actually, come to think of it, it’s a wonder that I had any friends at all!  Solomon said in Proverbs 18:24, “A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.”  The first part of the verse speaks to my rudeness, but the second part of the verse is amazing!  This must speak to Jesus Christ, because He is the only One Who sticks closer than a brother.  What a great little golden nugget hidden right there in Proverbs!  I am glad that Jesus sticks with me, because all too often, I am unlovable.  Only God could love me as He does!  Hey, have you allowed the love of Jesus Christ to be lavished upon you?  Have you allowed Him to be your Savior?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment