Friday, October 8, 2021

Right Way or Wrong Way?


Thursday, Antonio asked where the paper towel rolls were.  I got one out and he put it on the roller for me in the kitchen.  But when I went to get a paper towel off the roll, the roll was on backwards (according to the way that I usually put it on)).  But the instant after I noticed that the paper towels were on “backwards,” I took back my words.  I was glad that someone had put the paper towels on the roller ANY WAY IT CAME OFF!  If I didn’t have to put it on, it was great, right way or wrong way.  Really.  Becky was loading my dishwasher a week ago, and she asked, “Where do the cereal bowls go?”  Without thinking I answered, “On the top rack on the back left.”  And then, I quickly added, “But you can put them wherever you want to.  I’m not the one loading the dishwasher; you are.”  When I coached basketball, I used to tell my basketball boys, “There are three ways of doing things: the right way, the wrong way, and my way.”  I went on, “My way isn’t necessarily right or wrong, it’s just my way.”  Hey, if we didn’t think that we were doing something the right way, we would do in differently, wouldn’t we?  So, we all think that our way is right.  Otherwise, we would change.  Solomon said in Proverbs 21:2, “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”  Can I use my basketball statement to say our Scripture verse?  God says, “There are three ways of doing things: the right way (God’s way), the wrong way (our way), and My way (God’s way).”  God’s way is always right, and God’s way is always best.  Do things God’s way, and you’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment