Saturday, October 23, 2021

Laughter

Well, fall is upon us, and the weather has turned colder.  I am happy but my dear wife is freezing.  I wonder what she will do when it really gets cold?!  I have all of these long-sleeved Blood Assurance tee shirts in a drawer on the other side of the bed and I got one out last week to wear.  Then Saturday, I got out another one because the first one was in the laundry hamper.  Since I wash every day, these two tee shirts have been sufficient enough.  But as I put on my clean tee shirt this morning to take my wife to dialysis (which is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday), I realized that for the last week the folks at dialysis have seen me in the same shirt (which I wore every-other day)!  For all they know, I have been wearing the same shirt all week!  They don’t know it has been washed each day.  So, if I get another shirt in the rotation, I’m good.  I want to make an announcement at dialysis that I have been washing my tee shirt, but no one would understand.  They’d just think that I was crazy.  Oh, well.  The laugh is on me!  Solomon said in Proverbs 17:22, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”  I have had plenty of that merry medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment