Monday, October 11, 2021

Fill Your Gas Tank

 


I had a 1969 Rambler American.  Don’t laugh, it was very cool in the day.  As it aged it began to have little problems, one of which was the gas gauge quit working.  It was too expensive to repair/replace, so I just did without it.  I carried a spare gallon of gas in a milk jug in the trunk of the car.  Come to think of it, that wasn’t too bright of me.  But I was never known as the brightest bulb in the pack.  I kept the gas mileage and knew pretty well when I would get to the bottom of the tank and run out.  But still, I was pinching pennies and often relied on the gallon in the trunk.  You know, I couldn’t just fill up once a month and get by.  I had to get gas almost every week.  And that’s the way it is with my spiritual life.  I can’t just go to church once a month and expect to get by.  I need to be preached at every Sunday and Wednesday … and more often.  So, I tune into Christian radio.  Hey, I need the good Lord … and you do too!  Paul said in Ephesians 5:18, “And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.”  Just as a drunkard is controlled by the alcohol in his body, we as Christians need to be controlled by the blessed Holy Spirit.  I am born into God’s forever family once, but I need to be filled with the Holy Spirit over and over again.  Just like my Rambler, I run out of spiritual gas on Saturday, just in time for Sunday school and Sunday preaching.  And I need preaching at Sunday night too!  Hey, if your church doesn’t have a Sunday evening service, stop by Calvary Independent Baptist Church about 6 pm and join us.  They have a great music director (ha, ha!) and a better preacher.  You’ll enjoy the service and go away with your spiritual tank filled for the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment