Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Odd Name

 


Sometimes when I see a slogan on a sweatshirt, and it can be taken two ways.  I understand it, but it still makes me chuckle.  For example, I was in a fast-food restaurant last night and a woman walked in with a sweatshirt and the name “Pink” on it … but it was a gray sweatshirt (not pink, get it?).  We have a local middle school next door to the high school.  The high school is known as the Central High School Purple Pounders.  Naturally, the school color is purple.  So, the middle school’s color is purple too.  But the middle school is named after J.B. Brown, a former teacher and principal.  Their jackets read “Brown” … in purple (it reads brown, but it is purple, get it?).  Those two pieces of clothing are odd, but what about us “Christians”?  Do we live up to our name, or are we as odd as a gray “Pink” sweatshirt or a purple “Brown” jacket?  Are we called “Christian”, but act like the world?  Paul said in Gal 2:20, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”  Hey, as Christians, we are identified with Christ!  We are dead (crucified) with Him, but we are alive.  So, the life that we live should be for Jesus and lived by the power of Jesus.  When someone sees a Christian, they should see Christ … in us.  May it be so!

No comments:

Post a Comment