Saturday, October 2, 2021

Tangled Mess

 

I opened the washing machine this afternoon and found two problems: one of my own making and one not.  We have one of those High Efficiency washing machines with all the bells and whistles.  Automatic water level, automatic soap/fabric softener dispenser, automatic load sensor, and no agitator to fray the clothes.  The machine spins the clothes to get them clean, but in doing so, they get all tangled up.  That’s part of the problem.  Now to my part of the problem: Kathy has these socks that she got at the hospital with non-skid bottoms that we use to help her get around.  But the cuffs are too tight around her ankles.  So, I cut off the cuffs to make them more comfortable.  And they are.  But, with the H.E. washing machine, the socks unravel and the string gets really twisted up with the other clothes.  So, with my cuff-cutting and the H.E. washing machine twisting, the load this afternoon was hopelessly tangled up.  I pulled out the non-skid sock that was twisted around another sock, a pair of underwear, and a pair of jeans.  The tangled mess that I pulled out of the washer reminded me of my life at times.  I say “yes” to too many people and become overcommitted.  I go one way in the morning and two other ways in the afternoon.  By the end of the day, I have three incomplete jobs with no one happy (including myself).  My life is like those clothes: a tangled mess.  But Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”  If I will do things God’s way, my priorities will fall into place.  If I start the day with the dear Lord and plan what He wants me to do, my life runs smoother, and I get more done.  Hey, do things God’s way!  Put God first in your life, and you’ll never be sorry that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment