Friday, October 15, 2021

Dirty Clothes


Today I blew it.  No, really, I blew it.  It’s Saturday and I wash the linens today.  So, I stripped the bed, put the sheets and blankets into the washer, and went about my business.  A half hour later, I got the sheets out and dried them in the dryer.  The blankets were too bulky and heavy to dry at the same time.  They would just have to wait.  Then I got busy again.  The hamper was half full, so I threw in a few more things; my sleep shorts and my sleep tee shirt.  A half hour later, the sheets were dry so I could put the one blanket into the dryer.  But I still had one wet blanket.  Now my laundry was backing up.  My day got busier and about noon, I put the second blanket into the dryer.  Late in the afternoon, I got the second blanket out of the dryer and finally made my bed.  One Saturday job finished.  My sister came over, I went out grocery shopping, went to the bank ATM, and finally finished getting my music ready for Sunday.  A few moments ago, I shed my clothes and went to put on my sleep clothes … Oh, No!  You guessed it, still in the laundry hamper.  But now it is too late to get them washed and dried.  So, I had to pull them OUT of the hamper and put them on.  And they smelled a little worse than they did this morning when I thought that they needed to be washed.  Now, don’t get all sanctimonious on me.  I KNOW you’ve done this before.  Sometimes we do what we have to do.  We really don’t really want to do it, but we just have to.  Solomon said in Ecclesiastes 9:10, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might …”  Just do it!  Tomorrow morning I’ll take a shower and feel clean.  And I’ll put my favorite sleep clothes into the hamper … once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment