Thursday, October 21, 2021

Happy Birthday!


Today is my birthday!  I was born 72 years ago in Raleigh County Hospital, Beckley, WV.  My mom was Gay Elaine Epperly and my dad was Billy Gerald Whitely, Sr.  I am grateful to my mother who gave me life, and I am grateful to my dad who gave me my name (I am a ‘junior’).  My mom and dad began taking me to church when I was three weeks old.  I am able to stand on their shoulders and become a better man, husband, and father because of them.  David said in Psalm 127:3-5, “Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD, … As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them …”  My parents are both gone on to their heavenly reward, but the ripple effect of their Godly influence continues on.  Hey, did you have Godly parents?  If you did, be thankful.  If not, you can start a Godly line with yourself.  Give your children a head start in life: train them to obey, and teach them about the God Who loves them so much.  My mom and dad did, and I am eternally grateful.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment